St.Joseph's Industrial and Computer Training Centre is an institution owned and managed by the Malankara Catholic Doicese of Tiruvalla and affiliated to N.C.V.T. Govt. of India. The training is organized according to the well planned National scheme of industrial training of Govt. of India . Each trainee will have to appear for the examination conducted for the National Council For Vocational Training (NCVT) . It aims to impart sound technical education by forming young men and women with a will to create a better world for man to live, with the help of God. It is another of the chain centers of higher learning run by the Catholic Church the world over, to form technically trained, morally upright, socially committed, spiritually inspired men and women of India .
Application for all trades shall be sent in the prescribed form available from the office. Applicants will be informed by post or in person, the date of written test and interview. Those who apply for matric trade should have passed SSLC/SSC. Those who apply for non-matric trade should have appeared SSLC/SSC. Those with higher academic qualification will be allotted bonus marks for the purpose of selection. Those who are physically fit will only be admitted. Age limit for trades is within the range of 14 to 25 years.
| ||Course ||Duration ||Eligibility |
| 1 || Electrician || 2 yrs || SSLC Pass or above |
| 2 || Fitter || 2 yrs || SSLC Pass or above |
| 3 || Electronic Mechanic || 2 yrs || Pre-Degree Pass or SSLC Pass with above 60% Marks in Science and Maths. |
| 4 || Plumber with Sanitary Hardware and House wiring|| 1 yr || SSLC/ Appeared can also apply |
| 5 || Computer (CO&PA)with Data Entry Operator (C,C++,Unix Lan, Windows98,Word, Excel,Pagemaker, Coreldraw, Multimedia, Internet, E-mail)|| 1 yr || Pre-Degree/ 12th class pass or pass Diploma of 3 yrs in any branch of Engineering from recognized polytechnic |
| 6 || Secretarial Practice with front office management. || 1 yr || SSLC Pass or above |
- 5 Nos. In memory of the Late Malankara Catholic Bishops.
6 Nos. from SKIP Bangalore.
- 1. Mar Ivanios
- 2. Joseph Mar Sevarios
- 3. Mar Theophilos
- 4. Zacharias Mar Athanasios
RULES AND GENERAL DISICIPLINE
- Admission of the students to this institute implies compliance with each regulation as maybe made from time to time by authorities for the proper maintenance of order and discipline in the institution.
- Habitual idleness, harmful conduct and in subordination will render a student liable to fine, suspension or summary dismissal as the case may be.
- Letter to the students of this center may be censured, if found necessary.
- Strict regularity, politeness, courtesy of speech and conduct , cleanliness of dress, person and places of work are expected of all trainees
- Smoking, Chewing and use of snuff etc. are prohibited in the class room, workshop and premises.
- Any damage done to the premises or instruments , machines or tools will have to be made good
- The I.T.C cannot make itself responsible ofr books, money, instruments, tools , cloths, and other articles that are lost. The trainee must look after his/her own things
- No trainee is allowed to enter any room or workshop other than those assigned to him/her for the purpose of training , work or class.
- All the trainee have to attend the practical classes in the prescribed uniform, of Navy Blue pants and Shirts. No other colour will be permitted. Ladies, Computer and Secretarial Practice trainees shall have Navy Blue over coats.
- Fancywares T.Shirts without collar is not to be used as campus dress
- Trainees are expected to keep the class rooms and workshops clean and in order. The tools and instruments are to be kept in their places before leaving premises at the end of each shift or working day.
- A trainee who has been absent or is late for class or work will not be admitted to the class or workshop without the principal's permission.
- Students are requested to observe strict punctuality in attendance. Absence for one period will be considered as half absence and for two or more periods will be taken for full absence. Absence without leave will be seriously viewed. As per the Govt. rule, students who do not score atleast 80% attendance will not be eligible to appear for the examination.
- In case of sickness, the students on returning to the center must bring a note from their parents or guardians, certifying the fact. If the sickness lasts for more than 3 days, the principal should be informed at the earliest. If the students are absent for more than 7 consecutive days without leave, his/her name will be struck of from rolls.
- Students are forbidden from organizing any political or union meeting or inviting outsiders without permission of the authorities.
- In case of doubt, with regard to the explanation of any of the rules, decision of the head of the institution shall be final. He / she reserves to him/her self the right to give authetic explanation to the given rules
- Should any trainee lose the diary, will have to pay a fine Rs-5/
- Trainees are not to wear any footwear inside the computer lab and classrooms
- Trainees are not allowed to tamper or operate any machine or set without permission
- They are to observe complete silence inside the lab
- Any damage to property or computer sets will be recovered from them
- They are fully co-operate with staff and make use of all facilities provided to them
- Visitors and friends are not allowed inside the class rooms and lab. They may be received at the parlour
- The singing of the admission from well constitute an agreement on the part of parents/ guardians and the candidate to the above conditions.